When you have so much to do that you can barely see straight, when you wake up at 4:30am and lie there, thinking about the future of your degree and your part-time job these are the logical steps to take when you’re up and about working during the day:
- Fluff about on the internet. Reload pages to read new comments that are meaningless. Make sure you read things that really piss you off just to ensure it’s time well spent getting your stress levels up. Cortisol! It’s fun!
- Make your third cup of tea before 8am.
- Refill your water bottle and drink half of it before 8:30am.
- Go to the toilet 5 times before 9am. Just as you’re settling down to work, realise you need the loo for the sixth time.
- Decide breakfast wasn’t enough and wander off, slightly aimlessly, in search of sustenance.
- Check WordPress Topics.
- Read the blogs you follow.
- Check your own blog just in case people are suddenly miraculously following you.
- Open a file to make sure you can spontaneously start working should the urge hit.
- Decide you’re STILL hungry and go out for lunch.
- Return! Revitalised!
- Start a blog post about procrastination…
- Lather, rinse, repeat.
One day I’ll break the cycle – just not today.