- One thing that made me happy – A smooth, problem free day. I was also told that I’m ‘one of the boys’ today, which was nice to hear. As the only woman in a male dominated department, it’s nice to hear that. My feminist leanings are questioning the compliment, but the part of me that wants to feel accepted is dancing around!
- One thing I’m grateful for – People who are willing to answer my silly, silly questions.
- One thing I did for someone else – Bought them a delicious morning coffee!
Merry May has come to an end 🙂 It’s been an interesting experience (to say the least!).
I’ve learnt that I have a lot to be grateful for, that I do more than I thought, and that the horrors of April are definitely behind me 🙂 Hopefully permanently!
I’m wondering what June will bring – lots of birthdays for those I care about and then we shall see 🙂
- One thing that made me happy – Being invited for a social function! It’s always lovely to be remembered and thought of in a work environment that you’re new to.
- One thing I’m grateful for – I was able to go home earlier than I thought I would!
- One thing I did for someone else – Picked them up from the train station 🙂
- One thing that made me happy – Ice cream 🙂
- One thing I’m grateful for – Having a job where working hard in the morning meant I could skive off in the afternoon because I wasn’t feeling too good.
- One thing I did for someone else – A bucket load of work 🙂
I felt horrendous today – the afternoon involved me taking a lot of time to work out why I felt so knackered before I went to bed early to catch up on some much needed sleep 🙂
I’m counting down the days until November – counting. them. down.
- One thing that made me happy – Yoga! It actually did 🙂 I was so happy with it!
- One thing I’m grateful for – Coming home to a fabulous dinner and lots of cuddles.
- One thing I did for someone else – Reciprocated the cuddles!
The second yoga class was great! Very challenging for me, with lots of totally different moves.
It’s interesting, because I struggle with staying in the moment a lot. I find that I imagine myself (this is going to sound a little weird) describing what’s happening instead of just enjoying it. I think of how I would tell my friends about it, imagine our conversations about what’s happening, or I imagine writing about it here.
AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO DOES THIS? Oh God. I am, aren’t I? I’m a weirdooooOOOoooo (Yes, that’s currently being sung in my head to the Radiohead tune)
So rather than experiencing something as much as I should, I immediately want to share it, or at least think about how I would go about sharing it. I’d really like to become better at immersing myself in my experiences rather than dissecting them from the perspective of a story teller.
Last night instead of focusing on my breathing and how my body felt, my mind kept wandering and I kept splitting my attention between imagined future conversations and yoga – I was a little disappointed with that, really. I suspect that’s part of my procrastination problem! 🙂 I always split my attention several different ways. Audiobooks, television on in the background, conversations, multiple websites. It’s very hard to concentrate and unfortunately I really have to concentrate to work to the best of my ability this year.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the moral of the story is: I’m going to be trying some introduction to meditation classes.
I’m hoping that that will have some major long term benefits!
- One thing that made me happy – All the socialising I did today in addition to working.
- One thing I’m grateful for – The opportunity to see an amazing piece of artwork (actually, many, but one in particular) that was absolutely inspirational!
- One thing I did for someone else – Drove out of my way to spend time with them – but honestly, we all won in this scenario because it was just so much fun!
In the car, Roy Lichtenstein
- One thing that made me happy – I owe fewer taxes than I thought I’d owe! Woop woop!
- One thing I’m grateful for – The wonderful man who cooked me dinner, made me dessert and all and tried to provide some Saturday night entertainment for me.
- One thing I did for someone else – All their laundry!
I love Saturdays where I just doze around and do nothing.
This wasn’t one of those. I didn’t stop all day but it was fantastic none the less!
- One thing that made me happy – So many things, today.
- One thing I’m grateful for – A new beginning (officially), my paycheck, my partner, my appetite.
- One thing I did for someone else – Lots of stuff today actually – did some work on my day off because people needed it, bought someone lunch, listened – everything.
Today was an important day for me. I can’t go into details, but it made me very happy and a little emotional. I also celebrated by having a fabulously delicious lunch, by shopping for a lovely new wardrobe and just generally enjoying myself left and right!