(and amused that autocorrect keeps trying to change that to Optimus)
I had a slight incident this weekend where I broke the shower (How? I don’t know. I don’t know how I do these things).
I snapped the tap while turning it off – which lead to us being unable to turn off the shower.
When we first moved into our little fixer upper I also broke the shower slide right off so the shower head has been taped to the shower wall for a while. My screw up on Saturday mean that we ended up just changing the mixer and the slide. Now, the water points in the right direction, it’s hotter, it’s not 30 year old mouldy yellow plastic and the pressure is a bit more pleasant! Oh, and we (okay, he – I just act as a breaking catalyst to get things done around here) attached the new slide higher up so we don’t have to crouch to wet our heads.
All in all, I feel like I’ve really improved things around here.
This is a bit like the time I managed to break a tight key in the lock – this lead to the lock being changed and the keys didn’t stick anymore. Again! I majorly improved things for everyone.
No worries grateful folks, you can just leave the flowers at the door. The door I cracked when I pulled too hard after it swelled during the rainy season.
I have to stop breaking stuff.
Or things need to be more solidly built around me – yeah, that’s it.
- One thing that made me happy – A smooth, problem free day. I was also told that I’m ‘one of the boys’ today, which was nice to hear. As the only woman in a male dominated department, it’s nice to hear that. My feminist leanings are questioning the compliment, but the part of me that wants to feel accepted is dancing around!
- One thing I’m grateful for – People who are willing to answer my silly, silly questions.
- One thing I did for someone else – Bought them a delicious morning coffee!
Merry May has come to an end 🙂 It’s been an interesting experience (to say the least!).
I’ve learnt that I have a lot to be grateful for, that I do more than I thought, and that the horrors of April are definitely behind me 🙂 Hopefully permanently!
I’m wondering what June will bring – lots of birthdays for those I care about and then we shall see 🙂
- One thing that made me happy – Being invited for a social function! It’s always lovely to be remembered and thought of in a work environment that you’re new to.
- One thing I’m grateful for – I was able to go home earlier than I thought I would!
- One thing I did for someone else – Picked them up from the train station 🙂
- One thing that made me happy – Ice cream 🙂
- One thing I’m grateful for – Having a job where working hard in the morning meant I could skive off in the afternoon because I wasn’t feeling too good.
- One thing I did for someone else – A bucket load of work 🙂
I felt horrendous today – the afternoon involved me taking a lot of time to work out why I felt so knackered before I went to bed early to catch up on some much needed sleep 🙂
I’m counting down the days until November – counting. them. down.